Dynavin D8-MST2015L/H FAQ
1. INSTALL VIDEOS AND GUIDES (CLICK HERE)
2. PARTS AND WIRING INSTRUCTIONS (CLICK HERE)
3. Touchscreen unresponsive/rebooting manually: If after installation the touchscreen isn’t responding or the radio freezes, reboot the unit by inserting a paperclip into the round reset hole labeled “RST” just to the left of the volume down button on the front panel.
4. Wiring: Depending on your model of Mustang, you may not use all the wiring provided and/or all the wiring in your vehicle.
5. Microphone: The external microphone included in the box must be installed. The factory microphone is not compatible with the Dynavin.
6. Talk Button on Steering Wheel: You must first pair your phone to the Dynavin via Bluetooth. When you long press your steering wheel’s Phone or Talk button, it will initiate Google Assistant or Siri. If you short press it, it will bring up the phone menu.
7. Backup Camera: The Dynavin integrates with your Mustang’s factory camera. There are two included factory camera adapters. Use the one that fits. If both fit but one shows a black screen in reverse, use the other one. (One of the adapters WILL work. You just have to find the correct plug in your car.) The Dynavin is also backup and/or front camera compatible with aftermarket universal-style cameras. Click here for aftermarket camera install instructions.
8. USB Ports, Apple CarPlay & Android Auto: There are two USB ports on the back of the Dynavin radio. The USB port labeled “Phone” is used for charging of any smartphone. The "MDI & CP" or "Media" USB port is for wired Android Auto, a media flashdrive, and for updating the firmware. Each of the provided 3 ft USB extension cables are plugged into the USB ports on the back of the radio. For Android Auto, simply plug in your phone via USB cable to the “MDI & CP” USB extension cable and it will initiate Android Auto automatically. If CarPlay is not connecting properly, make sure you have the included Bluetooth WiFi antenna with the extension cable threaded onto the back of the Dynavin labeled “WIFI BT” and run the BT WiFi extension cable under the center console near the parking brake. (Anywhere in front of the Dynavin, not behind. Click here for details.)
9. Bluetooth Pairing: If Bluetooth is not connecting, see the bolded text above. To pair your phone to the Dynavin’s Bluetooth, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. Search for devices and select Dynavin 8. If needed, the PIN is 0000. If you need to delete a phone pairing, go to the “Phone” menu, and select the “Setup” gear icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Scroll down to “Select telephone”. Tap the X next to the phone pairing you’d like to delete. Click here for more Bluetooth troubleshooting.
*Note: make sure that you “FORGET” or delete the Mustang’s “Sync” pairing in your phone’s Bluetooth settings. If you keep it paired, it will interfere with the Dynavin’s Bluetooth connection and drop phone calls.
10. GPS Navigation: iGO Primo GPS navigation is now built in. No more microSD cards! Make sure to install the GPS antenna and test placement for good reception. Even if you don't plan to use GPS navigation, if you want the time to display you must install the GPS antenna.
11. SiriusXM Tuner: If you are installing the SiriusXM SXV300 tuner, go to the “System” menu from the main screen and make sure that “System Language” is set to US. Then once the tuner and antenna are installed properly (using the provided adapter cable), in the “Radio” menu you will see the “Sirius” or “SAT” option selectable on the lower left corner. It can take about 24-48 hours for it to fully populate categories, station info, etc.
12. Boot Logo: If you want to customize the boot logo, you can find the instructions in the Dynavin Owner’s Manual on page 32 or click here.
13. Plug-and-Play: Dynavin radios are plug-and-play. There is very little to no wire cutting involved. Please contact us before you modify any parts unless instructed to do so by us (Dynavin North America) or as stated in one the install guides on our website.
14. Firmware Updates: Periodically, Dynavin releases new firmware to update the Dynavin’s software for bug fixes, added functionality, and/or general improvements. Click here for the latest firmware updates and step-by-step instructions.
After installation, please reboot the Dynavin manually by pushing the “RST” (reset) button to the left of the volume down button with a paperclip.
For install or tech support, please email support@DynavinNorthAmerica.com
We would greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with us! Check your email for the TrustSpot review link or click here and get a $10 refund with your honest review and Dynavin radio install pic! (Email email@example.com with your install pic if you have trouble uploading it.)