Mustang 2010-2014 (N7-MST2010 Pro)
3. Steering Wheel Controls/No Audio: If the steering wheel controls are not working, check that the 4-pin plug on the main harness is connected to the back of the radio and if it is, unplug it and make sure to plug it in the correct direction so it is keyed properly. This is a common install error. Click here for details. Please note: You must first pair your phone to the Dynavin via Bluetooth for the Phone and Talk buttons to work.
4. Amplified Mustang: If you have an amplified Mustang, the “amplifier retention harness” may or may not be used. Click here for details. If you are having issues with the volume being too high or there is noise/static, you should use it. If the volume is very low, remove the harness. No bass? Connect the “SUBWOOFER A” RCA to the “SUB” RCA port on the back of the Dynavin (use “SUBWOOFER B” if “A” doesn’t work for your car). There is a “Factory Amplifier” setting in the “Sound” menu that can be enabled and adjusted to fine tune the output level.
5. Air Conditioning HVAC Troubleshooting: Click here if your air conditioning is not working properly. (It may have gotten disconnected.) Also, check that the CANBUS plug with the blue and white wires on the "9000" harness is plugged in to the factory connection: click here for details.
6. Microphone: The external microphone included in the box must be installed. The radio will not work with the factory microphone.
7. Talk Button on Steering Wheel: You must first pair your phone to the Dynavin via Bluetooth. In the “Phone” menu, tap “Setup”. Select “Phone voice control activation by SWC” to enable the talk button on your steering wheel if equipped. When pressed it will initiate Google Assistant or Siri.
8. Backup Camera: The Dynavin is backup and/or front camera compatible with aftermarket universal-style cameras. Click here for Aftermarket Backup Camera wiring help. To enable, go to the System menu, and check the box next to “Aftermarket Camera”. It can also integrate with your Mustang’s factory camera but does require additional parts and is not plug-and-play. Click here for Factory Camera Integration wiring help.
9. USB Ports, Apple CarPlay & Android Auto: There are two USB plugs on the back of the Dynavin radio. There are also two 3 ft. USB extension cables provided. The iLink Pro dongle plugs into the “iLink Pro” USB plug. Plug in the extension cable first (which will reach the glove box) and then you will plug in your phone’s plug into the “iLink Pro” dongle. Apple CarPlay/Android Auto will initiate automatically as long as the appropriate app is installed on your phone. The “Media” USB port can be used to charge a phone or if an iPhone is connected to it via Lightning Cable, you can play music from your phone and it’s controlled by the Dynavin’s touchscreen. You can also use it for a USB flash drive for music.
10. Bluetooth Pairing: To pair your phone to the Dynavin’s Bluetooth, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. Search for devices and select Dynavin-N7Pro. If needed, the PIN is 1234. The radio can save the pairing for 2 devices. If you need to delete a pairing, go to the “Phone” menu (push in the right knob) and select the “Setup” gear icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Scroll down to “Search telephones”. Press the X next to the phone pairing you’d like to delete. Click here for more Bluetooth troubleshooting.
*Note: make sure that you “FORGET” or delete the Mustang’s “Sync” pairing in your phone’s Bluetooth settings. If you keep it paired, it will interfere with the Dynavin’s Bluetooth connection and drop phone calls.
11. GPS Navigation: For the GPS navigation to function, you must insert the provided iGO Primo microSD card included in the box into the NAV card slot. You have 30 days to update the maps for free one time. Visit www.naviextras.com to see if updates are available.
12. AM/FM Radio: Plug in the included AM/FM radio antenna adapter (TEAL end) directly into the TEAL plug on the back of the Dynavin. Plug the other end into your car's factory AM/FM antenna plug. (The blue plug on the back of the Dynavin is for the GPS antenna mentioned above.)
13. SiriusXM Tuner: If you are installing the SiriusXM SXV300 tuner, go to the “System” menu from the main screen and make sure that the “Region” is set to USA. Once the region is set to USA and the tuner and antenna are installed properly (using the provided adapter cable), in the “Radio” menu you will see the “Sirius” option on the lower left corner. It can take about 24-48 hours for it to fully populate categories, station info, etc.
14. Boot Logo: If you want to customize the boot logo, you can find the instructions in the Dynavin Owner’s Manual or click here.
15. Plug-and-Play: Dynavin radios are plug-and-play. There is very little to no wire cutting involved. Please contact us before you modify any parts unless instructed to do so by us (Dynavin North America) or as stated in one the install guides on our website.
16. Firmware Updates: Click here for current firmware.
17. Rebooting Manually: If at any time the radio freezes, you can force it to reboot by holding down the MENU button for about 10 seconds or until it reboots. Or you can use a paperclip and insert it into the round reset hole just to the left of the MMC card slot.
For install or tech support, please email support@DynavinNorthAmerica.com