BMW E39, E46, E53 (N7-E39 Pro, N7-E46 Pro, N7-E53 Pro)
2. Wiring: Depending on your model of car, you may not use all the wiring provided and/or all the wiring in your vehicle.
BMWs WITH OEM NAVIGATION: If you are installing a Dynavin into a BMW with OEM-navigation, you are bypassing the stock radio module and CD changer; however, you must use the Dynavin extension cable to plug into the car’s plug in the trunk and the AM/FM radio antenna ex-tension to plug into the radio module which is also in the trunk. Don’t forget to keep the orange wire at the dash end for the button lighting.
3. DSP Amplified Cars: 2. For DSP-equipped E39 and E53 cars, go to the “Audio” menu from the main menu and enable “OE DSP”.
4. Steering Wheel Controls: Be sure to plug in the included CANbus/iBus box into the main wire harness. It only plugs in on one side of the box. You must first pair your phone to the Dynavin via Bluetooth for the Phone and Talk buttons to work.
5. PDC-equipped cars, be sure to splice the green wire labeled "REVERSE" on the main wire harness to the green wire labeled "REVERSE" on the camera RCA harness.
6. BMW Extension Cables for OEM nav cars: If you are installing a Dynavin into a BMW with OEM-navigation, you are bypassing the stock radio module and CD changer; however, you must use the Dynavin extension cable to plug into the car’s plug in the trunk and the AM/FM radio antenna extension to plug into the radio module which is also in the trunk. Don’t forget to keep the orange wire at the dash end for the button lighting. Click here for details.
7. Microphone: The external microphone included in the box must be installed. The radio will not work with the factory microphone.
8. Backup/Front Camera: The Dynavin is backup and/or front camera compatible with aftermarket universal-style cameras. Click here for Aftermarket Backup Camera Wiring help.
9. USB Ports: There are two USB plugs on the back of the Dynavin radio. There are also two 3 ft. USB extension cables provided. The iLink Pro dongle plugs into the “iLink Pro” USB plug. Plug in the extension cable first (which will reach the glove box) and then you will plug in your phone’s plug into the “iLink Pro” dongle. Apple CarPlay/Android Auto will initiate automatically as long as the ap-propriate app is installed on your phone. The “Media” USB port can be used to charge a phone or for a USB flashdrive for mu-sic.
10. Bluetooth Pairing: To pair your phone to the Dynavin’s Bluetooth, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. Search for devices and select Dynavin-N7Pro. If needed, the PIN is 1234. The radio can save the pairing for 2 devices. If you need to delete a pairing, go to the “Phone” menu (push in the right knob) and select the “Setup” gear icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Scroll down to “Search telephones”. Press the X next to the phone pairing you’d like to delete.
11. GPS Navigation: For the navigation to function, you must insert the provided iGO Primo microSD card included in the box into the NAV card slot. Certain radio models require you to insert the microSD card into the SD card adapter. You have 30 days to update the maps for free one time. Visit www.naviextras.com to see if updates are available.
12. SiriusXM Tuner: If you are installing the SiriusXM SXV300 tuner, go to the “System” menu from the main screen and make sure that the “Region” is set to USA. Once the region is set to USA and the tuner and antenna are installed properly, in the “Radio” menu you will see the “Sirius” option on the lower left corner. It can take about 24-48 hours for it to fully populate categories, station info, etc.
13. Boot Logo: If you want to customize the boot logo, you can find the instructions in the Dynavin Owner’s Manual or click here.
14. Plug-and-Play: Dynavin radios are plug-and-play. There is very little to no wire cutting involved. Please contact us before you modify any parts unless instructed to do so by us (Dynavin North America) or as stated in one the install guides on our website.
15. Firmware Updates: Click here for current firmware.
16. Rebooting Manually: If at any time the radio freezes, you can force it to reboot by holding down the SRC button (E39/E53) or MODE button (E46) for about 10 seconds until it reboots. You can also use a paperclip and insert it into the “RST” or “RESET” hole.
For install or tech support, please email support@DynavinNorthAmerica.com